Throughout the year, there are many consultants that go above and beyond “the call of duty,” to ensure that their clients are taken care of and succeed. Each year at our Annual Awards Banquet, the UGA SBDC names deserving consultants, “Flewellen Award Winners.”
This recognition is named for Dr. William Flewellen, who is considered to be the founding father of the national SBDC program, in addition to being the first State Director of the UGA SBDC over 30 years ago.
Being named a Flewellen Award Winner is one of the highest honors at the SBDC. The award winner(s) must perform at a level of excellence in multiple categories throughout the previous calendar year. In fact, there are 20 categories of performance indicators ranging from number of clients served, to client satisfaction, capital acquisition – among many others. Some are weighted more than others, but none carry so much weight as to be one or two of the determining factors. What’s different about the Flewellen Award than other UGA SBDC awards is that ONLY the previous calendar year’s performance is taken into consideration when selecting a winner. Also, rather than being a nomination-based award and selected by a committee of colleagues, the award winners are selected by the UGA SBDC District Directors.
Our Flewellen Award this year is sponsored by State Bank & Trust Company. The award winners receive a certificate and earn bragging rights for the next year.
This year, the Flewellen Award Winners are as follows:
- Rick McMurtrey, Area Director, UGA SBDC in Augusta
- Josh Walton, Area Director, UGA SBDC in Macon
- Todd Anduze, Area Director, UGA SBDC at University of West Georgia
- Becky Brownlee, Area Director, UGA SBDC in Savannah
- Walt Moore, Consultant, UGA SBDC at Valdosta State University
- Lynn Bennett, Area Director, UGA SBDC at Valdosta State University
- Michael Myers, Consultant, UGA SBDC in Athens
- Eric Frickey, Consultant, UGA SBDC in Augusta
We are very proud of all our award winning consultants and appreciate their outstanding contribution and dedication to the UGA SBDC.
Congratulations, Flewellen Award Winners!