The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center seek a marketing, networking, and administrative professional with strong skills in organization, public speaking, event planning, digital marketing, and record keeping to serve the Carrollton area as a Program Coordinator I. Applicants must have basic business knowledge, familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, experience with digital marketing (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Constant Contact, WordPress, etc.), and be proficient with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of the Carrollton area economic development community is a plus. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field and 3 years of business experience.
The position’s starting salary range is $35,796 to $40,000 and includes a generous benefits package (health, dental, vision, life, disability, etc.) and two retirement plan options. The University of Georgia contributes to retirement plans at different rates according to the plan selected (ORP 9.24% | TRS 16.81%). For more information about our benefits, click here.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
The Program Coordinator is a classified employee responsible for being the first point of contact with the public, and who assists the Business Consultants and Area Director of an Area Office with client program development, program delivery, client management and administration. The position provides administrative support for the office through the effective management of multiple, simultaneous projects, as well as marketing efforts for local SBDC programs and services. Being the first point of contact, the Program Coordinator must be able to deliver introductory presentations to prospective clients and inquirers. This person also conducts introductory meetings and provides basic introductory business information via telephone, email, in person. Light, multi-county travel is required, primarily to local area events.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact with inquirers.
- Meet and greet the public with a professional image and route messages to consultants as appropriate.
- Meet with new clients and provide basic introductory information.
- Research information requests as needed and follow-up with inquirer.
- Schedule consulting appointments for staff as requested.
- Develop and maintain knowledge base of small business resources on the local, regional, and national levels.
- Market the local center’s programs and services to potential and current clientele, stakeholders, referral sources and potential program attendees via traditional and digital marketing means. Act as a liaison to local and regional stakeholders and referral sources. Outreach duties include presentations, public addresses, and serving on small business committees.
- Make basic business introductory presentations, business groups guest talks and provide information to potential SBDC clientele.
- Assist with Continuing Education program planning, development, execution. Develop and deliver new programming to help meet center goals and the needs of the local small business market. Make presentations, recruit, and provide information to potential SBDC class participants. Manage registration and document participants for classes.
- Schedule and maintain a master calendar of CE classes, programs and other events in cooperation with the consulting staff. Prepare and distribute promotional materials via various media as appropriate.
- Recruit, coordinate and correspond with outside program speakers. Maintain records of speakers.
- Actively participate in the execution and development of strategies for sponsorship of programs and other assets.
- Assist Business Consultants with research; perform demographic studies; Analyze market and industry trends/statistics; Internet research as needed.
- Input data accurately and timely into the SBDC’s Continuing Education Database (Cetrack). Maintain area office records and files in accordance with SBA requirements.
- Perform support duties required for the operation of the Area office using standard SBDC equipment and software in the preparation of:
- Presentation materials
- Purchase and check requests
- Supply orders
- Promotional Materials including brochures, flyers, newsletters, e-mails to promote CE classes and other programs
- Accurately collect and account for monies collected for program and conference registration fees.
- Compile performance data and other information for completion of required reports. Represent the Area Director and the SBDC as needed. Assist Area Director and Business Consultant with other projects as needed.
- Support organizational improvement efforts through active involvement on internal committees, special projects, and various assessments as directed by the state office.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing preferred or related field such as public relations or communication and 3 years business experience preferred.
Additional skills required
Skilled in Windows environment, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as desktop publishing and editing programs; presentation and public speaking skills; social media platforms; organized, independent, self-starter who takes the initiative to continually improve the operations. Desires to continually learn and develop professionally. Desires to help others and work as a valued team member.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
How to Apply
Use the button below to apply on the University of West Georgia website directly.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Letter of Application Prompt
The cover letter should address the following: Our employees say empathy — an understanding of and service to others — is important in their role at the SBDC. In your letter, please describe instances where empathy is evidenced in your work or elsewhere and discuss why you are interested in supporting the mission and culture of our organization.[/vc_column_text][vc_btn title=”Apply Now” style=”custom” custom_background=”#ba0c2f” custom_text=”#ffffff” i_icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-paper-plane-o” add_icon=”true” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fjobs.westga.edu%2Fpostings%2F18395||target:%20_blank|”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.